Sadie G. Mays is happy to admit residents seven days a week. Our Admissions staff will provide tours of our facility and can provide onsite evaluations of prospective residents at any hospital, assisted living facility or residence.
Pre-admission requirements for Sadie G. Mays Health and Rehabilitation Center include:
- DMA-6 signed by physician, resident and family
- Current medical history and physical examination progress notes
- Level 1 screening
- Rehabilitation notes (if applicable)
- Patient should be 55 years old or older (Exceptions may apply)
The admissions process includes explanation of the daily routines to the new resident and family. We provide a description of life at the rehabilitation center as a means to reduce the anxiety normally associated with coming into a new environment. Additionally, we will convene a Circle of Care meeting within 72 hours of a new arrival in which families and residents have an opportunity to ask any questions pertaining to the resident’s care. The Ambassador Program provides a staff “ambassador” to befriend each resident and help alleviate any concerns or needs, if they arise.
Sadie G. Mays’ rates are affordable and payment options include:
- V.A. Contract
- Managed Care
- Workers’ Compensation
- Third Party Payers
- Private Pay
- Insurance Accepted
- VISA, MasterCard, Discover & American Express
Other topics of interest for new residents and their family members include:
- Copy of Bill of Rights for residents in long term care facilities
- List of community resources
- Ethics Committee
- Resident & Family Council
- Smoking Policy
- Instructions for transfer and discharge back to the community
- Voting registration and participation
- Continuous support for residents and family members
- Admissions accepted 24 hours per day, including weekends
To inquire about placing a patient or if you have any additional questions, please contact our Admissions Coordinator, Pamela Scandrett, at (404) 901-4502, firstname.lastname@example.org; Admissions Nurse, Katrina Perkins, (404) 901-3508, email@example.com; or our Marketing Liaison, Karla Davis, (404) 402-6985, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medicare Part A is available for eligible residents. Eligibility is determined upon admission. See www.medicare.gov for more information.
- Medicaid pays for residents that qualify for nursing home care and have limited resources. See www.dch.georgia.gov/medicaid-and-medicare for more information.
- Residents can keep money in a resident fund account to use for miscellaneous expenses such as shopping or visiting the beauty shop.